Updated: Apr 11
Hands up, who is feeling the January blues?
It’s that horrid time of year when the party season is over and we’ve spent more money than we should have. Perhaps it’s still a week away from payday and it’s sure as hell a long way from the summer holidays.
We feel sluggish because we’ve overindulged in food and drink and despite all the good intentions, there’s a fair chance that most of us have given up on our new year resolutions.
However, there’s still something to be joyful about. It’s getting light earlier in the mornings, dark later at night and spring flowers are starting to push their way through the frosty ground. The world is still beautiful and we, the human race are starting to take better care of it. We all know that life is good and sometimes all we need to remind us of it are a few bright if cheesy tunes to hum or sing along to.
So why not try turning off the bad news on your newsfeed or radio, push aside all that depressing music that makes you feel sad and make yourself a playlist of songs that actually inspire you to want to sing at the top of your voice. Go crazy. So what if the person in the car next to you at the traffic lights can hear you?
There are lots and lots to choose from. Here are 10 random songs from my very long list of
LIFE IS GOOD songs. If you don’t know some of them, have fun searching for them on youtube or Spotify.
Share your own ideas for LIFE IS GOOD songs with me in the comments below this article.
Have a great 2020!
1. Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
2. Try everything - Shakira
3. I’ll Be There For You - Rembrandts
4. Best Things in Life Are Free - Luther Vandross & Janet Jackson
5. I Am What I Am - Gloria Gaynor
6. Can’t Stop the Feeling! - Justin Timberlake
7. When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going - Billy Ocean
8. Today is Your Day - Shania Twain
9. Never Give Up on a Good Thing - George Benson
10. Life’s a Happy Song - From the Muppets Soundtrack